TV Shows

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gaw, 8 Oct 2011.

1. Gaw discord is my friend now

There's been one or two threads on this I think, but none worth bumping. Hopefully this thread will become a place where we can discuss TV shows, to get recommendations. I'll start with my favorites:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Banners re-uploaded to imgkk from http://thetvdb.com, descriptions shortened and also taken from thetvdb.

• Like Like x 3
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  2. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

The Walking dead? Doctor Who? why you no in your favourites?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Gaw discord is my friend now

Not even a little bit interested in Doctor Who, but The Walking Dead actually looks really fucking awesome, will definitely go try it.

4. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

Fair enough not everyone likes DW but definitely watch the walking dead new season is out soon

5. Gaw discord is my friend now

[​IMG]

Way ahead of you, and I am looking forward to it. AMC seems to have a lot of interesting shows with such strange plots, quite awesome.

6. The walking dead is outstanding, a perfect mix of just about every zombie thing ever. Cannot wait for the new season.

Because most of the shows I watch air in the states first I use this handy page to remind me what to grab every morning.

http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/

7. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

Yeah I watched series 1 of walking dead, Think it was on channel 5.

Merlin on BBC :)
    [​IMG]

8. Torchwood > *

Fringe is cool too and Doctor Who was good until recently

9. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

Torchwood went downhill fast great concept and decent action at the start but fucking ruined at the end of this series previous series have been alright too though.

10. Gaw discord is my friend now

Ah that's a handy site, I made a quick thing in google calendar a few days ago to make it easier for me too

[​IMG]

11. Disagree x1, this season was amazing

12. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

I never said it was bad just that it went downhill fast started off really well ended up decent but not amazing, also being a gun nerd i've always cringed everytime one is fired.

13. Kiethy Fluffy..

y u no have animated comedy shows like family guy or futurama

14. Gaw discord is my friend now

I've included them on the calendar as you can see, since American Dad, The Cleveland Show and Family Guy are all on the same day, I just class it as 'Fox animated shows'. I have South Park on the calendar too, but I haven't actually watched any of the new season, it's just going downhill, like Family Guy, The Simpsons etc.

In other news, finished The Walking Dead, and holy shit it is absolutely amazing, I cannot wait for the next season.

15. Knud Phat beats only

I found the last 2-3 episodes of the walking dead a bit.. mm.. not to exciting. The first ones were cool and had a nice pace.
    But, the trailer for season 2 looks promissing.

Anyone tried Terra Nova already? Just watched the pilot (double ep). It was okay, but some parts were/are annoying.. and a bit too many clichés to my liking.
    Oh and boardwalk empire is a must-see if you like the 1920's setting and style :)

16. Gaw discord is my friend now

Thanks for the suggestion, just watched it. I like anything in a dystopian future, so I'm a bit disappointed Terra Nova doesn't seem to be going back there soon if at all, but it still seems like quite an awesome show. I'd have to agree with you about the clichés though, hopefully they keep them to a minimum in the future.. (Pun not intended :mmmhmm:)

17. Knud Phat beats only

Also watched the 3rd ep yesterday. It seems that every ep will have it's own little story/stuff and somewhere in the background you will see the main story line.

Also: IF they can survive long enough, what will they do when the meteor(s) struck earth and wipe out the dino's. (Assuming this theory is correct.)

BTW: The serie Chuck, is that more of a comedy? Sounds quite interesting.

18. surprise, no Dexter fans? :(

[​IMG]

Started watching a new series called Homeland

Shows I'm currently watching;
    • Blue Blood
    • Fringe
    • Homeland
    • Ice Road Truckers
    • Breaking Bad
    • Dexter
    • Family Guy
    • CSI
    • Justified
    • Mad Men
    • The Big Band Theory
    • The Walking Dead - season 2 next week
    • Two and a Half Men - giving it a try without charlie

19. Gaw discord is my friend now

Well first of all, they're in a different time stream (so there's no shit like stepping on a bug fucking up the future). I'm not sure to what extent though, is it a completely different universe like in Fringe? If not, then they are still 85 million years in the past, it will be another 20 million years until the dinosaurs are wiped out, and for some reason I doubt the show is going to be on that long :P
    I'm a bit mixed about Terra Nova now. I think it's an awesome idea for a plot, could easily become the next Lost.

And then they started to try appealing to all audiences, and failing. You've got your teen drama and with the oh-so-common 'rebellious teen' cliché, and then you've got your macho man show off with Jim V Malcom.. And then you hear shit like 'Did you remember to give Zoey a bath?'
    WHO FUCKING GIVES A SHIT!
    THERE ARE DINOSAURS
    YOU SHOULD BE OUT EXPLORING THE CONTINENT LOOKING AT THE DINOSAURS AND SHIT LIKE THAT
    FUCK

Yeah, it's an action-comedy sort of thing. Not so much in the sense you'll be laughing every 5 minutes, it's just light hearted. It's an excellent show, the first few seasons are excellent and the latter seasons aren't as bad as some shows get. I'd say it's well worth a watch.

20. Knud Phat beats only

Different time stream.. sure.. but why are there dino's then? Just saying.
    Anyhow.. let's see how it is after 10 weeks..

Alright, will give Chuck a chance :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. burn notice wallpaper michael westen

2. fringe

3. facebook banners chuck bartowski

4. jesse pinkman & walter white,
  5. karl pilkington banner