U NEED TO BAN WIDOWMAKER!!!

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by Mesiveloni(FIN), 1 Nov 2011.

1. box Banned

Biased opinions be what they are. How many rounds does this gun hold? I just heard an engi shoot 5 or 6. At the very least, lower it to maybe 3 like the Frontier Justice.

2. Let's just stop and think here... The Family Business was banned; it had 8 rounds. It is less powerful than the Widowmaker. The Widowmaker can shoot pretty much as many times as possible without even reloading! I mean, do I need to give some of you guys a math lesson here?

3. And if u do damage, the damage will be back as metal so u cant lose any metal

4. Just ban the damn thing...but when ever possible I think fixing the server is a top priority

5. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

Personally, I think it is not overpowered and is not going to be banned (As my views corroborate with those of other managers/admins).

Half of the given reasons are invalid (i.e "stealers weapon" (I mean, seriously?)) and I disagree with the "overpowered" argument.

It feels at times like people aren't going to be happy until it's easy as pie for them to survive as a prop every round.

- - -

Personal side note:
    Putting your points across like that is a sure-fire method of getting them ignored and disregarded.

6. What I'm saying is...if the Family Business got banned for having too many rounds. but the Widowmaker has even more. So, why not ban the Widowmaker?

7. Cactus The key is to never give up

I see know problem with this, probably as I do not play prophunt that often, but if everyone moans maybe they could reduce the amount of metal you get back so you can only get 3-4 shots in before you have to go and search for metal.

Anyway none of this is going to happen without Goat's approval... so where is the fella?

8. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

The family business is a secondary for the heavy, the widowmaker is an engineer's primary, which makes a big difference.

They are not really comparable scenarios. To be honest as well, it's more likely that you'll end up getting the Family Business unbanned than you will get the Widowmaker banned from the posts i've seen thus far by people in power.

9. Change of words: I hate to say this but that's bullshit. ...Lawl. <.<

10. Ling-Ling Some random pyro....

While we're at it, unban cow mangler too.
    Seriously, if you can't outrun a slow as hell projectile as scout, stop playing tf2.

11. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

The problem isn't outrunning slow as hell projectiles, it's avoiding the splash damage. There's unlimited ammo, and there's an unlimited ammo charge shot which kills scouts instantly with no damage penalty. It's a fucking spam-fest.

12. Ling-Ling Some random pyro....

Prop: "Oh hello Mr. Soldier down there! Why are you looking at me and is your lazer making a terrible sound? Nothing to worry about I guess, I'll just stay here and see what happens."

Also, the cow mangler has the same splash damage as the normal rocket launcher, still nobody cries about that.

To get back on topic. The widowmaker might want to get renerfed by Valve. It was okay untill Valve changed the amount of metal used per shot (from 60 to 30 if I remember correctly). Also, it's not only overpowered in prophunt, it's quite overpowered in general.

13. Indeed it is

14. Needs a powernerf for PH, and metal nerf for normal! o:

15. box Banned

We could always go back to my preferred scenario: pyros vs props only, like in the good ol days. ;) That would eliminate so much hassle and detail!

16. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

Dark and Goat thought about it after I suggested it. I assume Goat said no :(.

17. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

No class currently available rivals the Pyro for effectiveness (especially with degreaser/axetinguisher now avaiable without the loss of the speed boost), so whilst the nostalgic side of me wants to support said suggestion, there really is no need for such a change, as there is no "competetive" reason to choose another class.

18. If it's just Pyros vs Props then I can't use my Fists.

19. box Banned

That's what she said?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. widowmaker vs shotgun tf2

2. widowmaker vs shotgun

3. cow mangler overpowered