Useful DOTA links

Discussion in 'Dota 2' started by Bagman, 16 Mar 2014.

1. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

I like it. But I have a few qualms.

1. It feels so clunky, I mean, what even. I get that there is turning time but there is just something about it that makes it feel so slow and heavy.
    2. What the fuck is with the non existent mana regen ans the fact tah 3 skill casts will drain you of mana?
    3. The fuck is going on with the items. I have to buy lie 5 items to build into another for a few items but sometimes you can't buy them or they end up in the stash then you get a courier to come to you and don't pick them up.
    4. A few other things too.

All in all I know I've been babied my LoL since when I started playing so I know this will take a while to pick up. There's an overwhelmingly large amount of info to digest from the start what with all the heroes being unlocked from the beginning. I look froward to playing with some people who know what they're doing so I can learn shit and become half decent.

1. Agree. I hate the turning time with a passion.
    2. You use Mana Regen items because skills are so powerful.
    3. Item Building is just something to get used to heh :)

2. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

Moto Keyeyanna yaya, toyka yameh.

(
    )

3. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

Some quick useful links Juke Map:

[​IMG]

and some facts about turrets:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  4. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

This Fnatic comp is insanity!

5. Following on from Baggy's informative post, I saw this thread on Reddit the other day on console commands. There's probably more guides like this lurking around on the internet too.

Scrolling through you can find some nice little console commands that you can place into an autoexec so that they automatically run every time you open the game.

Especially useful ones for me have been:

Roshan timers etc are also possible, and players who like Pudge can edit the console to allow you to always have a constant ring around the hero so that you know the exact range of his hook at all times.

6. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

That finish was fucking incredible, great draft synergy, excellent watch.

EDIT: Game 3 of this match up is also awesome

Last edited: 27 Mar 2014
  7. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

Also in general if anyone wants to find VODs for Dota matches, there are a fair bit here: http://dotavods.com/

8. Www.Google.com allows you to search for all kinds of information on all topics on the web. Www.YouTube.com has tons of videos for you to watch! Enjoy!

Stealthy Sheep NL
    This message by Stealthy Sheep NL has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Douglas Douglas x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Mad Mad x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

For once would stop cunting about. We fucking get it that you don't like DOTA and LoL, don't visit the god damn sections of the forum that are dedicated to those games if all you're going to do is post irrelevant shit and act like a total twat.

/rant

10. ima Bean Go ham or go home.

Sorta related to ^^^

Can a moderator put 'dota' in the name of this thread, I know it's in the right section and everything but it just says useful links in recent activity and i keep forgetting it's a Dota thread and accidentally going on it. Not a lot of effort like :fox:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Done. Good idea.

12. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

A basic google search tends to just give you a load of shit. What Baggy's posting are nice little links which may not immediately come up on Google, like guides written by pros of the game. It's not a simple yes or no answer when it comes to MOBA, it's about taking in different play styles bro.

13. Highly recommend reading this: http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Gold

Contains a lot of really useful information, such as how gold is split into reliable/unreliable and how you get gold just for being within 1300 range of a kill.

14. Since I can't find it www.dotabuff.com is a cool sight to work out builds, counters and just see your past games.

It also has your best games and stats like most kills, gpm, xppm, longest game, biggest team impact, and your cost effectiveness with an item which is cool.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)