Weird microphone problem

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Styhn, 23 Jul 2009.

1. Weird microphone problem

I'm having a weird problem with my microphone. When I start a voice chat with someone that person can hear everything I am hearing, for instance game sounds, music, etcetera. The weird thing is that this is not because my boxes are too loud because I'm using headphones!

First I thought my mic was just broken but when I record stuff like guitarplaying then it's working just fine.

Has anyone ever experienced similar problems?

2. LienK Wat

Re: Weird microphone problem

You've probably set the input to sound card, and not your microphone as it should be.

What program are you using to voice-chat buy the way? Steam?

3. Re: Weird microphone problem

Well, if that's the case, how is it that people can hear me speak as well as hear other stuff? Shouldn't you hear only game sound/music if the sound card is the input?

I've used ingame voice chat and Skype so far and on both occasions the problem occurs.

4. Knud Phat beats only

Which soundcard are you using?

Perhaps its set to double input somehow?

5. Re: Weird microphone problem

I use an on-board audio chip, my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-M770-DS3. The audiosoftware is called Realtek HD Audio Manager.

6. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Er well a lot of software routes your mic input through your speakers aswell.. i.e. you'd be able to hear yourself through the speakers if you shouted. That could be how they hear you speak too erm..look in audio options or some such for an input change.

7. Re: Weird microphone problem

If you're on Vista/7, disable Stereo Mix in your recording devices settings. Also make the one for your microphone the default.

If you're on XP, why?

[​IMG]

8. Longbow Victorique <3

We have kept our sanity.

or

Our computers fail that we couldn't play games with Vista :3

9. Re: Weird microphone problem

Because I have had no reason to change it yet.

10. Re: Weird microphone problem

Actually Darkie, I had to do the same thing as with the Vista solution; I had to mute the stereo mix volume thingy.

Anyway my mic is working again so you can all enjoy my obnoxious whining in TF2/L4D! Yaaaaaay!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xp microphone problem

2. ga-m770ds3 no mic