Your favourite games of all time and why

Discussion in 'Other Games and MMORPGs' started by Dark, 6 Apr 2010.

1. Your favourite games of all time and why

Let's get this new forum started - post your top 3, 5, 10 or whatever games across all platforms and genres.

1. Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus (PS1) - A true work of art. Epic story, graphics, music, gameplay, characters, level design, etc. I've played through the whole game 10 or so times to date. Can't fucking wait for the full 4 game Oddbox release on Steam, which will also add achievements to Abe's Oddysee and Exoddus :D
    2. Jeanne D'Arc (PSP) - Possibly the best PSP game ever - a tactical JRPG with incredible depth, epic story, graphics and music, along with full anime cutscenes.
    3. Gunstar Heroes (Megadrive/Genesis) - There has never been a 2 player co-op experience quite like this.
    I'll probably expand my list later - it's quite hard to decide after the top 3 spaces :P

2. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

1.Call of Duty 2 , i allways have been a major FPS fanboy.. And thix has got to be the game i've spent the most time on ,ever..

2.GTA IV , simply because of it's sandbox madness.. Whenever you feel under the roof or pissed off at your boss ,you can just cause mayhem to release your stress or just to make you laugh.

3.Call of Duty:Modern Warafe 2 ..
    Stop trolling and lemme explain. The campaign was amazing, dont really think what anyone thinks.

4. Battlefield Bad Comapny 2 ,fully destructable enviroment and teamwork .

5. Tetris,nuffsaid.

3. 1. Half-Life Series (PC) Has a very good story!:love:

2. Shadow of the colossus (PS2) A Veeeeeery good game, liked the adventure stuff, and the big thingys you had to kill.

3. Heavy Rain (PS3) A new game but it has a truly epic storyline, its a game you can play like 10 times and it end diffrently.

All i can think of now, probably will uppdate this sometime :P

4. Gaw discord is my friend now

1. Undertale: The characters, soundtrack, gameplay, humour and story all culminate into the best gaming experience that I have ever had. I really can't put it into words.
    2. Half-Life 2: The Half-Life universe probably has my favourite plot of all time. Amazing graphics and physics for the time.
    3. Ratchet & Clank: Mainly the PS2 games, I loved the awesome variety of weapons and biomes. Great humour too.

Last edited: 26 Jan 2016
  5. 1) Eternal Darkness GameCube -- An awesome game that really changed the way I thought about games -- it had a great storyline, an amazing atmosphere, and most of all - it was different!

2) Elder Scrolls: Oblivion PC -- My God - the amount of hours I've put into this game... it's so massive, so immersive and so much fun that, for me, it's got to be up in my top 3

3) Bioshock PC - Gripping, epic and fun. The story was twisted, the plot was thick and the combat was brilliant. I completed this game in one sitting the day I got it. Then did it again the next day. It is awesome!

4) Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver GB/GBC -- Again - the amount of fun I've had with these games is unreal. The amount of time spent on these games with my friends during the summer months between football is inumerable. Brilliant games. <3

Other games I believe are worth a note: Half Life series (ofc), Fahrenheight (love it - and its successor Heavy Rain), Devil May Cry (loved it), TF2/L4D (they're the reason I'm here!) and Shadow of the Colossus (jaw dropping!)

Savvy

6. MrMike This is my face when you talk

1) Zelda ocarina of time/Majoras mask(N64) : Love both of these games equally, both amazing with amazing gameplay

2)Final Fantasy 9 (PS1): Best FF game of them all, everyone who says 7 is wrong >:

3) Disgaea 1/3(PS2/3): Really hillarious stories, really fun gameplay, 1 has a better story 3 has better gameplay and obviously better graphics >:

7. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal - GBC - In my opinion the greatest series of games ever on a handheld console. The newer ones are all great too (With the DS Pokémon games producing a fantastic and complex competetive environment).

Fahrenheit - PS2 - Heavy Rain eat your heart out, Fahrenheit invented the style of game, had an epic storyline and was easily one of my favourite PS2 games.

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory - PC - This game was a free download from SplashDamage's website when they released it and is hands down the greatest free game I have ever had the privilige of playing. This game means a lot to me, as it was the first ever game I played online multiplayer through (aswell as the first game I joined a clan through and the first game I played competetively). As a game it has practically died now, however it'll always have a place in my memories as I have never played a game as much as I played ET and, in my opinion, it was the best class based online fps game ever (even though you didn't even have to pay to get it).
    (I never played TF Classic or UT2K, so bare that in mind regarding my best ever opinion)
    Fun fact for those who get it: I hated sniping on this game.

Team Fortress 2 - PC - Obligatory mention.

L4D/L4D2 - PC - Again, in my opinion, two of the best zombie-style games in existance.

Rock Band/Rock Band 2 - Xbox 360 - Games I played most on my xbox (If you've seen my youtube channel, you'll see a few 100% full combo videos on there). Contrary to what a lot of people claim, Harmonix were the creators of Guitar Hero 1/2 before they sold the name to Activision so that they could work on RB1/2, so Harmonix were pioneers in the musician-game genre (named this way to exclude DDR) and RB1/2 epitomise their fantastic work.

All Tony Hawk games - PS2 - I have no interest in skateboarding, but these were fantastic games and I loved all of them.

James Bond 007 Goldeneye - N64 - Oh sweet jesus was this game epic.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - PS2 - Rockstar might aswell give up, I honestly do not think they will ever produce a GTA game as good as this. I don't even think they'll make one as good as GTA 3, which is worth a mention here too.

That'll do for now, can't think of anymore right now.

8. This.

The openness of San Andreas is fucking awesome compared to the cramped city-only maps of all other GTA games. The RPG elements were a pretty cool addition too.

And then there's SA:MP... :D

9. gRiMrEaPeRsco Thunder ... wait for it ... Penis

only in the order i remember them

Captain America and the avengers (Sega mega drive) - not the best game for the sega but just thinkng about it make me nostalgia so fucking hard, VISION

GTAIV / GTA SA - im putting both here cause i love the openness and variety to SA but the engine for IV make me cream hard.

Crash Team Racing (PS1) - another nostalgiatastic game for me but that aside i still dont think there is a more fun racing game when played with friends. (i never even had this game, my friend did and i was at his house so much as kids ive completed at least twice :D)

Diablo II (PC) - need i say more?

Tekken 3 (PS2) - you could fight as a chineese school girl and a midget dinosaur...

Age of Mythology - most fun ive had with an RTS

10. Gaw discord is my friend now

Oh fuck yes.. I fucking loved all my N64 games, but this one was something else.

Can't help but remember my precious pokemon snap though :D

11. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

I only arrived on the gaming scene at PS1 and can't remember many, mainly CTR, old rally games, FIFA99 (I played that game so much it was unreal)
    1. Half life, every one, every expansion, most of the mods
    2. TF2, first real online game I played, just awesome
    3. Just Cause 2, imo better than GTA, epic sandbox, the mission system is a bit meh and the voice acting is crap, but the main character is a flying terminator spiderman
    4. All the pokemons excluding the latest ones, (too many bloody pokemon, just get back to 101)
    5. The Sims, 2, 3, Loved 'em all (and Spore)

12. There were 151 inc. Mew in the first series :c

13. Jagamuta Cabbage was here!

There are only 493 pokemons ^^

14. [​IMG]

15. gRiMrEaPeRsco Thunder ... wait for it ... Penis

D: shinkz

16. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

This! I didn't have it either haha. Just...epic. That blue ball meant business, whatever the hell it was.

Did somebody say...
    [​IMG]
    ?

So much win packed into one original game. Spawned a whole host of sequels, each of which were great in their own way. If you play it you'll understand. The weapons, the snippets of storyline, the level design...on that note:
    UT2K4 - I've just spent ludicrous amounts of time playing that game. I didn't play the earlier UT games, but I found this one was not only great from the start with a solid single-player and daunting multiplayer, but it was almost infinitely moddable and I spent a good few hours trying and failing to make a couple of maps for it aswell. In fact I actually prefer it to UT3, despite popular opinion.
    ----
    TF2, naturally.
    ----
    Bioshock wasn't anything particularly innovative as an idea, but I remember hearing about the concept a couple of years before it was due out. I thought to myself I wanted to play that as soon as it came out. Turns out the media coverage only ramped up from there on, and it turned out to be an almost cinematic experience.
    ----
    Gmod, just for having hours of fun building and destroying, and going to places with people it wouldn't be possible to otherwise.
    ----
    Finally for now, the Penumbra series. Just for being ridiculously atmospheric, and for requiring such feats of lateral thinking I couldn't flatten my brain out enough most of the time. Even the save function is different. If you like puzzle/adventure games and survival horror games, it's a must try. Overture is more than a bit epic as a first game, and Black Plague follows on really well, not letting the side down.

Yeah. Might add more if I think of any...

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  17. im going with savage, there are 151 pokemon ... got them all on my red version actually xD

18. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

=
    Rage Quitting?

19. MrMike This is my face when you talk

hahahaha funny....wait no it's not >:

anyways back on topic should be getting myself soul silver soonish for the memories, my personal fav pokemon era was gold and silver, loved all of it so much though the 3 legendary dogs kinda sucked =s

20. cenpls Original Bhoomika Gupta

I guess I have a kind of different taste to people on here, so i'm going to show it! :downs:

F1 Challenge 99-02 - PC
    This game is so addictive, get some epic mods on there and there's newer games like rfactor but without recent F1 releases, it's still the best game out there. I've competed in so many online leagues, found an awesome one recently that I adore and won the constructors championship with my teamate and three races in the process. Absolutely love it. :P

Fifa series - PS2/PS3/Xbox/Xbox360
    If you're a football fan it's the only game out there, and the only rival is PES so it's just the real deal.

L4D1 - PC/Xbox360
    Come on, best Zombie shooter out there, by far. Screw L4D2, this shit is so much more addictive and the characters and campaigns are better, so nyeuugh.

Gears of War 1 & 2 - Xbox360
    Campaigns are drool worthy, and as an exclusive for the 360, I think it's the best. Only fault is online play, because of the lag and hax and shit, but purely for the campaign I love this game. Can't wait if they are making a third, should be awesome.

Pokemon games (especially Ruby) - Gameboy
    Doesn't even need an explanation does it. Well, maybe ruby does, but that's only because it was the first on I actually pwned at. :V

Runescape (pre-3d shit) - PC
    Used to be so awesome, wasted so many hours on it getting money and getting better levels etc. and it was so addictive and then Jagex went and ruined it, but I had fun.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)