f.lux

Discussion in 'Hardware and Software' started by spidEY, 3 Aug 2013.

1. spidEY シスコン

Is anyone here using f.lux? What this program does is it adjusts your display's color temperature based on the time of the day. Your screen will function like normal during the day and when the sun starts to set, it will become more warm and easier for the eyes to look at.

Screenshot:

[​IMG]

Give it a chance and try it out. Your eyes will thank me.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  2. I believe this have been posted a few times before.
    But always a nice reminder for those who don't know.

3. Gaw discord is my friend now

I've hated it every time I've tried it, the difference is far too noticeable. I just do what Dark does, and match my monitor brightness to the lighting in my room. Haven't had any issues so far, even with my comparatively poor eyesight.

4. I use f.lux and the difference on sunset is absolutely massive, but after half an hour or so you barely even notice and it doesn't strain my eyes as badly so it works as it should I guess.

I like it!

5. Sim Burner of props and hunter of hunters

It did a horrible thing where it would start switching the colour temperature hugely while I was playing TF2, which I couldn't deal with.

6. Cactus The key is to never give up

i installed this and now my screen is orange.

help

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Cactus The key is to never give up

I turned it off for an hour and then uninstalled it.

It's gone orange again.

8. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

derps on start up but I've used it that much I barely notice it except if it transitions midgame but you can always roll it back a little bit or change your clock for it to happen later

9. In my experience this adds micro stutter to games. Do the smart thing and set windows to sRGB then use your eyes to calibrate your monitor to a nice warm colour temperature using its rgb controls.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

10. Miz

From my experience, it's fucking terrible.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)