Reag and Yuuki's rage thread/ dig bick contest!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Yuuki, 28 Jul 2012.

1. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've used so many Android phones that I'm done. I didn't buy yet another Android phone because in my personal opinion they suck, entirely.

@Rioter: I don't recommend buying SGS3. I just sold mine and bought Nokia Lumia 800.
    Yeah crappy TouchWiz performance ftw.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
    • Douglas Douglas x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  2. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

I personally like the WP interface and the 800 has a nice build quality, but customization, little, and the fact you have no upgradable memory and the biggest you can get is still 16GB... I'm replacing a 32GB iPhone and that's pretty much full!

Also, too late. I've ordered my new phone. You all be jelly
    [​IMG]

3. The only thing Windows Phone has going for it is smoothness

Which is now irrelevant in Android 4.1 jelly bean where Android is actually smoother than iPhone.

And >xbox
    >mac

Last edited: 28 Dec 2016
  4. Well, yeah it is irrelevant now. After hundreds/thousands of years. It's 2012 now. Android has been lacking full hardware acceleration since its birth.
    I've gotten myself a "sidearm" too. For my Android development needs. Purchased it yesterday and so far I'm sort of satisfied (It features a dual-core CPU and Mali 400 GPU).

[​IMG]
    Galaxy Ace 2

5. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

You bought a Xbox 360, a Mac Laptop and a Windows Phone ? Someone steered you in the wrong direction .

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. ...Really?
    PS3 SDK - $10,000
    X360 AppHub - $99
    PS3 Games - Crap games with awesome graphics.
    Mac - Runs UNIX derivative (not some crap NT structure that's awful, doesn't give me any sort of direct hardware access. Windows is also topped with messy, old and bloated API.), is fully hardware accelerated, doesn't need any setup, allows me to code out of the box.
    Windows Phone - Doesn't lag, doesn't crash during conversation, doesn't crash because 3 apps are running at the same time, its market isn't filled with malware and crappy applications. It's not UNIX, but at least it's not as badly written as Android and fits very well into my 89 PLN contract.
    I wanna hear your arguments, except for:
    - "X360 is doing RRoD"
    - "Windows Phone isn't as customizable as android"
    - "Mac OS X is less advanced than Windows"
    - "Mac OS X doesn't have right click"
    ^ Bias

I wouldn't be able to stand the fact I couldn't develop anything for my console. PS3 is retarded on that end... And offers mostly retarded games for retarded prices. Well it's obvious, PS3 SDK costs a fortune.
    What's funny, its architecture is shockingly close to the one of 360. Cell and Xeon in 360 aren't *that* different. Both run on RISC PPC CPUs.
    Argument on RRoD can be countered easily with the fact that this console just doesn't RRoD anymore (unless you place it in an oven). Die size has been greatly reduced by sticking 3 chips into one SoC, transistor size has been greatly reduced too.

Your RRoD fad has died along with Xenon, Zephyr and Falcon. :)
    Console that used to require a 203 W PSU, now requires only 100 W.

7. Zetsumei Spaceman

You're a code monkey so you don't play any games or care about what shit looks like, seems that you might better writing the code on some paper and handing it to something that likes computers :P

Consoles gaming is crap generally because you subjected to game restrictions if you really want best of both worlds get a windows machine, they support so many more games.

Windows Phones? is that with your zune, i understand that iphones are not amazing anymore as they have competition but the next jump is never a windows phone!

I think we are confused with your choices because we are the dirty users and like nice simpler things but you're a coder, coding whatever that might be, personally i'd go with a actual Linux distribution and not Mac for the reason cos it runs UNIX is a bit of a shit reason if your that scared of settings use Ubuntu it's made of lazy fucks.

8. Yeah
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

^ That's gaming machine/X360 dev machine.

I used Linux since 2005, and in my opinion Linux sucks balls. BSD is where it's at. We're also talking about corporate users here. Macs give my company sort of more prestige than a hand-made PC with Windows that's so old and bloated it plain hurts. Also, how is Windows more simple than OS X? What? Does installing additional runtimes, maintaining updates, installing language packages, having to manage multiple installers, having to buy antivirus etc. make it simple in comparison to a simple out of the box computer start up and drag and drop for installation?

PC gaming is for rich kids. Face it. The reason behind this is that PCs require much more processing power to run games at decent speeds. Key issue here is architecture - x86/x64. It's macrocode based, 30 years old, involves a lot of thermal leakage (huge performance decrease is a result) - and most importantly - CISC. Need some proof for why is PC gaming expensive?
    - PC games require up to 16x more processing power to achieve the same results as on a console (Price is now going over $600, nice right?)
    - PCs require much more powerful PSUs, compare 100W of my damn X360 to your 750W. I'm saving money on power bills.

I don't care what you say. My opinion stands, for me.
    PCs and anything that uses CISC processors are devices that are only good for work.

To top it off, PC is a dying gaming platform mainly because of piracy involved. It's definitely not profitable anymore.

PS. Sure geek, go on. Play with your config files. I have *work* to do. With *deadlines*.
    PSS. I have a mac, PC with Windows, PC with Linux and BSD, 3 android devices, Windows Phone 7, iPhone 4S, iPad 1G, PS2, X360.
    Well, damn you fanboys. Never used shit and yet you have your biased opinions.

</Rant>
    Back to the topic, please.

9. Rondon Ruff Ruff is Rondon

Excuse me?

10. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

The only time when "All games for X console" is right, is when speaking of the Gizmondo

11. Gaw discord is my friend now

PC gaming is very profitable right now. With Steam, Kickstarter, new digital distribution sites popping up every day etc, there's a huge amount of money to be made for both indie developers, and mainstream ones that don't fuck over their customers.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  12. BSD better than linux? It's nothing special.

Windows is still the best desktop GUI regardless of all the shit quirks - anything else such as mac or linux is just hurr durr compromises to get anything done that the respective platform isn't perfectly suited to. Windows is by far the best all-round, and with a headless linux vm running as a service, it's pretty much perfect.

You're misinformed on how PCs use power - single gpu gaming pcs these days use about 250W while gaming, and this is producing output that is more than 2.5x better.

In addition my laptop uses 50-60W under full gaming load and is vastly more powerful than any current console.

However I agree with your thoughts on architecture - consoles do get a lot more done per * than pcs

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. If it's so profitable then why is piracy rate so high on PC market?

14. Gaw discord is my friend now

Irrelevant, there's still a huge profit to be made. Consoles would have that high amount of piracy as PC, if they were easy to pirate games on, which they're not.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  15. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Don't bother arguing with that moron, he skipped publishing his own game which he made in gamemaker on steam because he felt it wouldn't sell and it's piss easy to pirate games for consoles, especially the 360 if you don't give a fuck about online play.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  16. Gaw discord is my friend now

I forgot about that. I won't waste my breath in the future :V

17. I lol'd.
    This moron has a company now.

18. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

[​IMG]

So does this moron, and I'd say it's considerably larger than yours.

• Zing Zing x 9
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  19. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

And I run 3 successful websites which pull in £500/m just off adverts.
    Unlike your company, I'm making money from doing fucking nothing.
    Something you would also be doing if you realised how profitable it is to make a shitty game and slap it on steam.

20. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

Yea that's the bit about this that both annoyed and puzzled me the most, who gives a fuck if some people on pc will pirate your game, those people wouldn't have bought it anyway. By not using an available marketplace you're losing out on sales, it's not like you're losing money by releasing it, valve don't charge a fee to release the game on steam(unlike MS who supposedly charge ~10,000 as well as a 30% cut), for a guy who supposedly runs a company you don't have much business sense, you clearly didn't think about things logically you based it on your ego ie i'm not going to give people the chance to pirate my game, excluding people who would buy it.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Nokia Lumia 800

2. lumia 800

3. nokia 800

4. android nokia lumia 800,
  5. Nokia Lumia,
  6. nokia lumia 800 png,
  7. nokia lumia png,
  8. nokialumia800,
  9. android phones,
  10. nokia android phones below 10000