StarCraft 2 about to be released.... bow down and hope your worthy enough to play it!

Discussion in 'Other Games and MMORPGs' started by Obaruler, 22 Jul 2010.

1. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

StarCraft 2 about to be released.... bow down and hope your worthy enough to play it!

Every serious (older) gamer will probably agree with the statement that the original StarCraft + BroodWar was one of, if not THE best game ever made (on PC).

Now, 12 years after the original StarCraft and 3 years after the announcement the day has finally come: On July 27th StarCraft 2 will be available to play for the world!

Words can't express how incredibly much I waited for this game to come out .... well, maybe there are some other Star-Fags arround here that are just as jealous as me, for these "real" PC-gamers i have this little Release trailer to share (if you have not allready seen it 50 times today, just like me :D ):

2. Cbb to search/check reviews - is it another oversimplified RTS/RPG hybrid focusing on unit enhancement, or is it a proper RTS with base building like Age of Mythology/Empires?

Only interested if it's the latter

3. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

I got in the beta. I played a FPS game on it. HELLA GOOD. Don't really like melee matches that much though.

4. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Nope, pure E-Sport-orientated RTS (in the Multiplayer).

SP campagin is rumoured to be epic with all the rendered stuff between the missions ... :D

Get your base/tech working as fast as possible and SCOUT the enemy to be aware of rushes (some games are decided after <5 mins allready) and get your own tactic working to beat your opponent.

Got some - german - VODs for you from ESL TV, the german E-Sport channel. You wont understand a thing i guess but you can see some of the gameplay hopefully - streams are low-quality for not premium-users, but it should be enough to see enough footage ..... if the 2 moderators are talkin just skip a few minutes, since these are still TV casts its not 100% playing all the time ^^.

-> http://tv.esl.eu/de/vod_search/?q=starcraft&page=1

5. Spykodemon Disabled account

I played star craft when I was like 4, definitely not getting this though.

6. trailer looks awesome. then i read the small print, not the "actual gameplay".

check out youtube videos. it a not a fps game.

I've seen footage of original one, but never knew what it was called. ^^

7. MrMike This is my face when you talk

people THOUGHT this was an FPS?!?!?
    Starcraft is like the old daddy of RTS games, and its zerg rush is famous D:
    i would get this if i had money and time but i have little of each plus never played starcraft so won't really understand much of it >:

8. Gameplay >>>>>>> Cutscenes goes hier.

9. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

totally

10. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Yup, and SC2's gameplay is beyond beeing perfect. :D

Oh, and: I got mailed this morning by Amazon that my Collectors Edition just left their arsenal!!!

Btw: The linked Release-Trailer got 1.5 Milion Views within 1 day. xD

11. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Bloody Basterds!!! D:

These guys allready got their Collectors Edition yesterday somehow ...... darn them xD

12. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

My Collectors Edition has just arrived this morning!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Unfortunately I can't install the game until 00:01am @ 27th. xD

13. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Only 6h left 'till release ...... can't wait anymore. >_<

BTW: Got a nice Trial-Key that gives you 7h totally / or a 14 days total time lenght (whatever is beein used up first) access to SC2, anyone wants one? ^^

14. Spykodemon Disabled account

Shotgun on this if no one has taken it already.

15. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

16. Seriously considering buying SC2 - anyone want to convince me? :P

17. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

these guys do:

18. Need more convincing than that D:

While it looks like a C&C game combined with Age of Mythology (good), I'm worried it could get boring :|

Plus I'd need to buy 2 copies so Blue could play with me :(

do want guest pass

19. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

You bloody heretic dare comparing SC2 with C&C ?!?!

Burn him.

Convincing? Here you go: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (pc) reviews at Metacritic.com

My guest passes are allready given away btw. Uncensored just got my second one yesterday .. was offering it in this thread for a week or so. :-/

20. Not sure if want

But then again I like anything that is genuinely difficult and competitive, so I probably will buy it. Classic style RTSes are awesome

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)