Why hello there.

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by Ditto, 29 Apr 2012.

1. My name is (not really) Ditto.
    I like tf2 computers and a lot of other stuff.
    Just randomly stumbled into one of your servers and here I am.

EDIT: Just realised I probably should a bit more about myself for people to get first impressions from. Here's some more stuff about me.

I'm currently in year 13 and am 18 years old.
    I'm doing A-levels (Math, Further Math, Physics, Economics, Computing)

I like computers and math so I decided to get into Computer Science at university. So far I've gotten an offer from Imperial (yay) but its almost imposible for me to meet their offer (aww) so I'll probably end up moving to america or going to York.

I got into tf2 a while back but the copy i bought was regionally restricted so I couldn't play once I moved to
    england. I started again after it became free and bought 2 keys to get p2p.

I main scout/sniper and am part of a competitive highlander team (new to this season of UGC) called "Could Try Harder" or {CTH} (thus my steam name is {CTH} Ditto)

I used to trade but got scammed out of most of my stuff a while back (4 buds) and stopped. I still have a
    pretty decent inventory but I dont trade a huge amount anymore.

Uhmm... what else.

I guess you figured out I live in England atm.

Other than tf2 I actively play minecraft and pokemon ( I still have my gameboy colour and gameboy advance sp)(yay).

Thats about it for now. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask. Cheers

• Friendly Friendly x 9
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

hello! :)

3. Cactus The key is to never give up

Welcome :3

I see you are in my mumble channel already :)

4. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Ditto.

5. Welcome Ditto!

6. Welcome Ditto! :)

7. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Welcome to the forums proper.

Make yourself comfortable.

8. loll Master Exploder

Haithar

9. Just realised I probably should a bit more about myself for people to get first impressions from. Anyway editing.

Also hi everyone :D

10. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

11. Well I've only been studying AS computing on my own since late Jan (as part of my Imperial offer. Have to get an A) and so far it's both very hard and annoyingly easy if you know what I mean. I'm good at concepts but it all falls apart when i have to memorise definitions and the things we have to memorise are so instinctive and easy that it actually become harder to learn the accepted definitions, but i guess thats what Comp2 is all about.

(also welcome?)

12. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

Ah, some of it like the MAR and the rest of the CPU I have completely forgotten, there's a lot of definitions which I don't think I'll ever need again. What annoys me most is how the papers are done. Very rarely can you actually tell if a 2 mark question wants two points, or one point and an example, and the fact that they can ask questions about a scenario which you might have absolutely no idea about... I.e. one of the 6 or 8 mark questions in one of the past papers for the first module was all about what information nurses would need to know about patients in a hospital :V . I just scraped a B in the first module, second best in our measly class of 5, though the second module seems a lot better and an A is looking hopeful.

I was just saying welcome to the forum like everybody else had done.

13. Jindo Just Look at the Parking Lot, Larry.

Hello and welcome, Ditto!

I'm also studying Maths, Further Maths and Physics (studied Computing to AS but discontinued for various reasons) and am looking to do Computer Science at university :)

As well as all this I'm in the same position of trying to meet high requirements to get in to my preferred university, I'm still unsure of whether or not I'll reach these targets but I reckon that if you're going for somewhere like Imperial the chances are you'll be able to meet their grades if you put the work in, judging by the amount of subjects you're taking it's obvious that you're a very gifted academic student.

I wish you the best of luck with the months ahead and hope you continue to enjoy your time on the servers!

14. Studying Maths, Physics and Computing here (A2) and also planning to do CompSci at uni.

I've found AQA computing to be pretty decent at A2 (AS was a joke) - a few things I didn't know despite the retarded oversimplification

Aiming to go to Queens next year (still kind of undecided though) - decent course and no horrendous £9k fees :P

15. so a decent amount of comp sci people here :D. Thats awesome.
    how much are the fee's in queens?

16. Nice to meet you Ditto! Where else have you applied for uni?

17. cambridge (churchill), imperial, york, bristol and ucl. got pooled in cambridge then rejected and got offers for the rest.

18. Like £3.5k/year iirc

19. wow thats amazing. :O

(P.S: what's ph town in mumble specifically mweep?)

20. Mhm it's like the only decent (russell group etc) UK uni that hasn't hopped on the £9k bandwagon lul

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)