Why hello there.

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by Ditto, 29 Apr 2012.

1. cenpls Original Bhoomika Gupta

Fucking A2 maths fuck my life. How do I core 4...? How do you do further at A2 and have time for anything?!

I should've taken media. :3

Also whalecum (bringing it back bitches)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  2. It's not supposed to be a PH group - it's more of a general room owned by The Queen!

Going to be applying for York myself this coming year - fingers crossed!!

3. Geit Coding wizard!

Welcome to the Forums!

If you don't like the definitions and theoretical stuff, I'd seriously reccomend checking the full course content for your universities. Obviously, the content at every university differs, but with Computer Science, you are always going to get some very large chunks of work on computer architechture, legislation and philosophical/social aspects of computing. Current industry standing suggests that the balance of practical vs theoretical is horribly off center, and Computer Science students lack decent pratical knowledge to make them any use in the work place, however I'm sure that the higher-end universities that you're aiming for will have great courses anyway!

I'm currently studying Computing, Math and Physics at AS Level (I did also have Further Maths, but it was far too stressful and difficult to manage, and was having adverse affects on my performance in other subjects, so I dropped it.) with the hopes of going to York.

4. Well while I don't like learning definitions I don't hate it and I'll be learning new things about a subject I'm interested in whereas in AS comp I have to learn definition of things I thought I knew and relearning it/writing their definition instead of my definition is proving to be more than a bit annoying.

Good luck with the application :), York is an amazing university

5. Zetsumei Spaceman

Hai welcome to forums and mumble its nice to see new people in there :3

6. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Come to UWE.... (optimistic x1 I know :P)

That's Queen's little room.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)