WoW discussion thread V1

Discussion in 'Other Games and MMORPGs' started by Spykodemon, 25 Jul 2010.

1. Spykodemon Disabled account

WoW discussion thread V1

[highlight]WARNING: THIS THREAD IS FILLED TO THE BRIM WITH PLOT DETAILS, DATAMINED MODELS, UNFINISHED MAPS, SCREENSHOTS AND CONCEPTS, IF YOU ARE TRYING TO AVOID CATACLYSM SPOILERS STAY AWAY FROM HERE.[/highlight]

[​IMG]

While the attention of the Horde and Alliance remained fixed upon Northrend, an ancient evil has been lying dormant within Deepholm, the domain of earth in the Elemental Plane. Hidden away in a secluded sanctuary, the corrupted Dragon Aspect Deathwing has waited, recovering from the wounds of his last battle against Azeroth, nursing his hatred for the inferior creatures that infest the surface realm...and biding his time until he can reforge the world in molten fire.

Soon, Deathwing the Destroyer will return to Azeroth, and his eruption from Deepholm will sunder the world, leaving a festering wound across the continents. As the Horde and Alliance race to the epicenter of the cataclysm, the kingdoms of Azeroth will witness seismic shifts in power, the kindling of a war of the elements, and the emergence of unlikely heroes who will rise up to protect their scarred and broken world from utter devastation.

The face of Azeroth is altered forever as the destruction left in Deathwing's wake reshapes the land and reveals secrets long sealed away. Players will be able to re-experience familiar zones across Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms, rewrought by the cataclysm and filled with new opportunities for adventure.

[highlight]Red text means that it has been documented in this thread.[/highlight]

[​IMG]
    • Two new playable races: (More Below)
      • [highlight]Worgen[/highlight]
        • The worgen are a race of feral wolf-beasts whose very name inspires fear. Theories regarding their history abound, yet the worgen's origins remain steeped in mystery.
      • [highlight]Goblin[/highlight]
        • Originally the slaves of jungle trolls on the Isle of Kezan, the goblin race was forced to mine kaja'mite ore out of the volcanic bowels of Mount Kajaro.
    • Level cap increased to 85
      • Earn new abilities, tap into new talents, and progress through the path system, a new way for players to improve characters.
    • [highlight]Classic Zones Remade[/highlight]
      • Familiar zones across the original continents of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms have been altered forever and updated with new content, from the devastated Badlands to the broken Barrens, which has been sundered in two.
    • [highlight]New High-Level Zones[/highlight]
      • Explore newly opened parts of the world, including Uldum, Grim Batol, and the great Sunken City of Vashj'ir beneath the sea.
    • More Raid Content than Ever Before
      • Enjoy more high-level raid content than previous expansions, with optional more challenging versions (Hard Modes) of all encounters.
    • New Race and Class Combinations
      • Explore Azeroth as a gnome priest, blood elf warrior, or one of the other never-before-available race and class combinations.
    • [highlight]Guild Advancement[/highlight]
      • Progress as a guild to earn guild levels and guild achievements.
    • New PvP Zone & Rated Battlegrounds
      • Take on PvP objectives and daily quests on Tol Barad Island, a new Wintergrasp-like zone, and wage war in all-new rated Battlegrounds.
    • Archaeology
      • Master a new secondary profession to unearth valuable artifacts and earn unique rewards.
    • Flying Mounts in Azeroth
      • Explore Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms like never before.
    • Engine Improvements
      • The WoW Engine will be updated with for example; new water shaders/physics, dynamic terrain phasing...

[​IMG]
    The worgen are a race of feral wolf-beasts whose very name inspires fear. Theories regarding their history abound, yet the worgen's origins remain steeped in mystery.

Records indicate that the worgen existed for a time in Kalimdor. In fact, more recent evidence suggests that their true origin might have a connection to the night elves and a secretive druidic order from Kalimdor's distant past. Yet until new evidence comes to light, this information remains speculative.

The worgen's first verified appearance in the Eastern Kingdoms has been traced back to the Third War, when the archmage Arugal utilized the wolf-beasts as a weapon against the Scourge. Arugal's weapons soon turned against him, however, as the curse of the worgen rapidly spread among the human population, transforming ordinary men and women into ravenous, feral creatures.

Arugal adopted many of the worgen as his own and retreated to the former mansion of Baron Silverlaine, the estate now known as Shadowfang Keep. The curse, however, was not contained. It persisted in the lands of Silverpine and extended even into the fabled walled nation of Gilneas, where the curse rapidly reached pandemic levels.

The citizens of Gilneas found themselves trapped, with no hope of escape. They retreated deeper within the isolated domain, and there they survived, fearful of the savage presence that lurked just outside the barricades.

Tensions among the displaced citizens escalated over time, resulting in a civil war that now threatens to destabilize the embattled nation even more.

There are those among the Gilneans, however, who cling to hope. Many believe that a treatment for the worgen curse may exist, although others have nearly given up, fearful that if the barricades should fall, their humanity will be lost forever.

You can roll as the following classes:
    • Death Knight
    • Mage
    • Priest
    • Rogue
    • Warlock
    • Warrior
    • Druid
    • Hunter
    [​IMG][​IMG]

More..

[​IMG]

Originally the slaves of jungle trolls on the Isle of Kezan, the goblin race was forced to mine kaja'mite ore out of the volcanic bowels of Mount Kajaro.

The trolls used this potent mineral for their voodoo rituals, but it had an unexpected effect on the slaves who were in constant contact with it: kaja'mite generated a startling new cunning and intelligence in the goblins. Crafting their own powerful artifacts of engineering and alchemy in secret, the goblins soon overthrew their oppressors and claimed Kezan for their homeland. The mines that had been their prison, their slave camp, and the base of their rebellion now became the city of Undermine. Weaving through the heart of the island in a dizzying network of tunnels, vaults, and lava tubes, Undermine epitomizes the goblins' complex, unpredictable mindset.

The goblins' natural greed soon lifted them to prominence as masters of mercantilism. Trade princes arose during the First War as the cleverest goblins learned to take advantage of the strife. Great fortunes were amassed, and the Isle of Kezan became a hub for fleets of goblin trading ships. One of the trade princes agreed to lend his faction’s services to the Horde in the Second War. Following the Horde's defeat, the goblins learned from their colleague's failed example, and soon they realized that their profits could double if they weren't stuck in such a restrictive relationship. By the end of the Third War, goblins were providing weaponry, vehicles, and devious services to both the Horde and the Alliance. This wouldn't last forever...

Recently, the goblins of Kezan have found a new enemy in the Alliance – unexpected and unprofitable encounters with this faction have driven certain trade princes from their comfortable neutrality. Reforging old pacts with their one-time allies, the goblins have been welcomed into the Horde with open arms.

You can roll as the following classes:
    • Warrior
    • Hunter
    • Rogue
    • Priest
    • Death Knight
    • Shaman
    • Mage
    • Warlock
    [​IMG]
    More..

[​IMG]
    When Deathwing literally breaks through the crust of the world, it gets fucked up. All zones will be changed due to this.
    Some less than others. (Elwynn Forest for example won't be changed as much as the Barrens will.)

You can see some of the changed zones here:
    [hd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUmt9eW2VnI&fmt=22[/hd]

While they are revamping the world anyways, they are making it completely flying mount compatible. (Starting from 85).
    You can check a list of zone changes here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Kalimdor
    • Mount Hyjal (78-82)
      • We all know Hyjal from the Battle for Mount Hyjal instance in CoT. It has also been in-game for a while but has been unused as of this moment. In Cataclysm it will be making a triomphant return! It is being attacked by Ragnaros. To protect the World Tree, Malfurion Stormrage has returned from the Emerald Dream to command the army of Cenarius. There will be lots of phasing in this area.
        http://www.marlamin.nl/Images/zones/hyjal.jpg
    • Uldum (83-84)
      • Uldum will be a huge zone south of Un'goro Crater and is to going to be on the southern coast of Kalimdor and partly into the unused Ahn'Qiraj zone. There is a rumored "superweapon" in the zone, as well as the new Tol'vir faction. It is nicknamed the "Land of the Titans". The zone will contain two new dungeons inspired by ancient Egypt. Brann Bronzebeard will also make a reappearance in this zone.
        http://www.marlamin.nl/Images/zones/uldum.jpg

Eastern Kingdoms
    • Gilneas (1-15) (Alliance)
    • Twilight Highlands (84-85)
      • This zone is where Grim Batol will be located which is now inhabited by the Twilight Cult and Deathwing which will contain a raid and a dungeon. There will be boats here for both the Alliance and Horde and a small Red Dragonflight presence. The story of the Twilight Dragonflight will unfold in this zone.
        http://www.marlamin.nl/Images/zones/twilighthighlands.jpg
    • Tol Barad (84-85) (Outdoor PvP)
      • Tol Barad will be an outdoor PvP raid zone, very similar to Wintergrasp in Northrend. However, the island will also function similarly to the Isle of Quel'Danas in that it will be a major daily quest hub. Whichever side controls the prison on Tol Barad will gain access to more dailies with even better rewards.
    • Deathwing Scar (Entrance to Deepholm)
      • Deathwing Scar is a zone containing the warped entrance to Deepholm. It is located west of the Burning Steppes. You can already see it north of Stormwind on the map of the Eastern Kingdoms.

The Great Sea
    • Lost Isles (6?-15) (Horde)
      • Goblin(themed) leveling zone. The chain of islands is located south of Azshara and north of Durotar.
      http://www.marlamin.nl/Images/zones/lostisles.jpg
      [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuNy-f007CE[/media]
    • Sunken City of Vashj'ir (78-82)
      • The city is located to the south of the Maelstrom and was the home of Lady Vashj before the Sundering. Players will be able to swim throughout the zone by jumping but when on the ground it will act similar to the terrestrial zones and players will use special underwater mounts to move around the zone. In the center of the city is the gateway to the Abyssal Maw which will contain a raid and a dungeon.
        http://www.marlamin.nl/Images/zones/sunkencityofvashjir.jpg

South Seas
    • Kezan (1-5?) (Horde)
      • Not much known about this yet. Possibly only for Goblin story introduction.

Elemental Plane

[​IMG]
    • The Skywall
      • Unnamed level 80-82 dungeon
      • Unnamed raid
    • Deepholm
      • Unnamed level 81-83 dungeon
    • Sunken City of Vashj'ir
      • Abyssal Maw, level 81-83 dungeon
        • Screenshots can be found in the screenshot list. (Row 7)
        • More here...
      • Unnamed level 82-84 dungeon
      • Unnamed raid
    • Uldum
      • Halls of Origination, level 83 dungeon
      • Lost City of Tol'vir, level 84-85 dungeon
    • Blackrock Mountain
      • Blackrock Caverns, level 85 dungeon
      • Blackwing Descent, raid inspired by Blackwing Lair
    • Grim Batol
      • Unnamed level 85 dungeon
      • Unnamed raid against Deathwing
    • The Firelands
      • Raid against Ragnaros
    • New old-world dungeons gaining 5-player Heroic mode
      • Deadmines
      • Shadowfang Keep

[​IMG]
    Picture of Deathwing
    The massive monstrosity before you rises up like a black, crag-covered mountain of scales and hide. The head is a spade-like terror spiked with cruel red eyes that shine with a frightening malevolence. Rivulets of lava and magma are visible beneath the great wyrm’s scorched scales.

Deathwing, the Destroyer, originally Neltharion, the Earth-Warder, is one of five Dragon Aspects and leader of the black dragonflight. Thousands of years ago, Neltharion was empowered by the Titan Khaz'goroth with dominion over the earth and the deep places of Azeroth. However, driven mad by the Old Gods, he turned against the other Aspects during the War of the Ancients, capturing a portion of their power in the Demon Soul. Among both humans and dragons his name has become one whispered with a feeling of fear and contempt.

During the Second War, Deathwing adopted the form of Lord Daval Prestor, seeking to gain the vacant throne of Alterac and eventually destroy the Alliance of Lordaeron. During the events of the novel Day of the Dragon, the Demon Soul is destroyed, and Deathwing is defeated by the other Aspects.

Though long believed to be dead, Deathwing currently resides deep within the abandoned Wildhammer stronghold of Grim Batol, experimenting with his latest creations - the twilight dragonflight.

Hidden away in a secluded sanctuary, the corrupted Dragon Aspect Deathwing has waited, recovering from the wounds of his last battle against Azeroth and biding his time until he can reforge the world in molten fire.

Deathwing has been hiding in Deepholm, the Elemental Plane of Earth. After years of revitalizing and healing, he bursts out from Deepholm, tearing a rift between the Elemental Plane and Azeroth, causing the Cataclysm. His subsequent flight to Grim Batol in the Twilight Highlands lays waste to much of the landscape of the world. He now resides in Grim Batol, continuing his horrible experiments.

[​IMG]
    Screenshots can be found here.

Artwork can be found here.

[​IMG]

Cataclysm Closed Beta
    Yes, the beta has started. To see if you're in the beta you need to click the World of Warcraft option on the Battle.net home page, then your list will look something like this if you have an invite.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Where's Grim he's probably gonna have a gamegasm.

3. gRiMrEaPeRsco Thunder ... wait for it ... Penis

... i'll only have a gamegasm when freelancer 2 in announced

OT the guys at pcgamer say that the goblin starting area is funny, so im looking forward to that i guess.

but theres new raids and i havent done any of the northerend raids yet D: why is it so difficult to get in a raid?

4. Spykodemon Disabled account

Gear is everything, just spam HC's and buy your gear with triumphs

5. MrMike This is my face when you talk

i'm looking forward to the 2 new heroic revamps, shadowfang mainly as i'm in love with that instance atm as my rogue.
    will be nice to check out the 2 new races as well though i'm not sure as to what i'll make with them yet
    though flying finally in azeroth is great, looking forward to it but i'd like to have a release date soon >:

6. Spykodemon Disabled account

I bet azeroth flying will be hella expensive. :(

5K I reckon.

7. Gaw discord is my friend now

>Implying there will be a V2

8. MrMike This is my face when you talk

i hope not as i can't even afford epic flying atm >_<

9. They are adding Azeroth flying?

Fucking wish they had added it sooner D:

10. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

You get a cookie too, but i steal it and eat it :3

11. Spykodemon Disabled account

Yeah it's gonna be jokes

It's good that Cata is addressing big issues like:

Epics not really being epic
    Fishing being boring as fuck
    Pointless stats being pointless (spell pen lol)

I'm hoping Cata makes WoW harder again like it was pre-wrath.

12. I said I would probably try Cataclysm as I played Wow for several years and I kinda think I owe it to my MMO-playing past, but I'm afraid it's gonna be good and validate all those years I spent mining and leveling all those inconsequential alts, thus eating my social life forevermore.
    I got really bored during Wotlk, so much so that I even started fishing, something I always thought was possibly the worst example of how stupid Wow could be. After I got to 100 fishing I suddenly thought "Ok I think I'm done now" and barely logged on again after that.

But I am curious to see how they've redone Azeroth areas, because I would always run around the map looking at areas on the map that had never been used, like that area behind the big gate near SFK. I was surprised they didn't redo the goblin character models, I thought they were poorly made in the first place. And alliance have furries. That'll be interesting.
    But I must make note of the best instance ever. Provided me and friends with endless fun such as deciding tanks using /roll. That place is Karazhan. Never got old.

13. Fucking this.

WotLK ruined WoW for me

14. Spykodemon Disabled account

What would you say wrath did that made WoW bad? I'll see if cata changes any of that. :)

15. For me, it was the watering down of the raiding. They decided it wasn't worth their effort to make content that only a small percentage of the player base experiences, and I can see their point. But even though I wasn't in a top raiding guild I liked that there was still content that was very tough. Once I got to Wrath I leveled fairly quickly and began raiding soon after hitting 80. And I was pretty disappointed with how easy it was, and how every week we were beating the same instances fairly easily. I did enjoy the extra effort they put into the quests, but as good as that is, it's simply an aid to get to max level. I would rather they put the effort into max level content, as that's where it'll be most useful.

16. Goblins Mount ( May change at release ) Is awesome :P And also Hunter's dont need to use mana anymore. thats a very good thing :D Cata is going to be the best.

17. MrMike This is my face when you talk

i really don't like that at all for hunters =s
    makes aspect of the viper useless now as energy regens quite fast but you won't be able to pop loads of shots anymore, i usually arcane shot, serpant sting, multi shot repeate untill i'm low on mana then aspect viper and get my mana back, with this arcane shot will cost like 40-60 energy and multi shot will cost like 60 energy making it much slower. Aspect of the fox is what intrests me the most though, being able to run and shoot sounds VERY good as i will be able to kite alot better :3

18. But the Steady shot regenerates focus. And i use Arcane, Serpent sting (Black Arrow, explosive shot, deppends on spec, MM or Survival) and then just spam Steady Shot untill i can use kill shot. And then when Focus is almost full i do the same thing again.
    And i hate aspect of the viper becuse then you go down from like 1.5 DPS to 1k. So i think it will become much more easier to play hunter now.
    We just have to wait and see. :D

19. MrMike This is my face when you talk

well chances are i'll be playing my rogue when cata comes out as i'm enjoying being a rogue atm
    normally either 2nd or 3rd in the DPS usually only 3rd if theirs someone who's got a twink char with a gs of like 1k at lvl 20 >:

20. Spykodemon Disabled account

I preferred mana because it's more flexible.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. grim batol entrance

2. lost city of tol vir entrance

3. wow unused deathwing raid

4. the day deathwing came scar penis,
  5. World of Warcraft ruined by cata,
  6. what made the big scar in grim batol,
  7. vashjir south map unfinished,
  8. is there a level 81-83 place in wow,
  9. why wasnt eastern kingdom altered more,
  10. wow grim batol hc